HOW IT ALL BEGAN

Photo of Wallie's lounge in Greenwich, NY, circa 1960

Wallie’s of Greenwich originally opened in 1929 as a sandwich counter, right after the start of the Great Depression. In 1945, Wallie’s daughter Dorothy Murphy and her husband George, expanded the business and brand to bring diners from afar. Wallie’s granddaughter and son in law, Ginny & George Denaker, continued the excellence for many years, until retiring in 2005.

Born anew, we are pleased to bring back our new version of Wallie’s to the heart of Greenwich, for friends and neighbors to gather once again.