Job Title: Bartender
Reports To: Supervisor/Executive Chef/General Manager
Pay Status: Hourly
Employment Status: Part-Time/Full-Time
Summary: Provides excellent food and beverage service to guests and staff in dining establishment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Complete opening side work as assigned
- Ensure bar area and equipment cleanliness and in working order
- Par levels of wine, spirits, beer and soda and all beverages are adequate
- Stock bar with ice, juices, garnish, glassware, serving and mixing utensils
- Ensure service bar stations and serving areas are clean and fully stocked
- Daily drink special development
- Cash bank accuracy
- Attend pre meal meeting on time in full uniform
- Ensure proper menu and product knowledge
- Greeting guest
- Description and delivery of beverage offering and menu
- Exhibits proper upselling and sales technique
- Obtain all orders in writing and note any allergy or special request
- Obtain beverage order from guest
- Verbal presentation of menu to guest
- Inform guest of specials
- Accurate and efficient composition and delivery of beverages to service staff and guests
- Knowledge of wine presentation
- Obtain food order
- POS (Point of Sale) skills, accuracy and efficiency
- Time and coordinate food delivery
- Validate guest satisfaction and anticipate guest needs through observation during the experience
- Bar maintenance and station management
- Proper and safe clearing of food and beverage items
- Ensure accuracy of guest check and apply any necessary discounts, etc.
- Obtain proper guest billing information
- Check presentation to guest in a timely fashion
- Collect payment for check in a timely fashion
- Deliver payment/check if needed to cashier in a timely fashion
- Safely and efficiently clean glassware and restock
- Handle guest concerns tactfully and with a fair fix
- Safety or issues beyond the norm bring to the attention of manager immediately
- Maintain proper par levels of products
- Always ensure proper sanitation and handwashing standards
- Complete closing side work and end of shift paperwork – alert dining room captain or manager to any discrepancies or concerns
- Attend trainings and meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Knowledge of MICROS (Point of Sale System) or similar computer based program
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications required but beneficial (i.e. ServeSafe, CPR, TIPs, etc)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and hot surfaces. The employee will be expected to navigate through several different floor surfaces, which may vary and become slippery when wet. Non-skid slip resistant shoes are necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The flow of guests can be moderate to heavy at times. All staff will be expected to perform any duties outside of this job description if they are reasonably qualified and are assigned by the manager or supervisor on duty.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; climb stairs, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time and dressed appropriate.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Apply Online | Download/Print Application